Today I decided to go to Ulta just to browse. I received and email this past weekend with a 20% off coupon off my entire purchase; you could use this on anything, even the prestige items. I chose to only get 3 things that I’ve been eyeing.
I got the I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base from Essence, O.P.I. Washington D.C. Nail Polish in Squeaker of the House (chocolate Brown), and CoverGirl Total Tease Waterproof mascara (Very Black).
Not a lot, but these are what I’ve been wanting to try. I’ve heard great things about the Essence eyeshadow base like it’s a dupe for the Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don’t Stray one. I’ve never tried any of these products before so I can’t wait to see how they work!
Thanks for stopping by. ❤️
BASE: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light
FACE: MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation (NC 43)
EYE SHADOW: Morphe Brushes 35R Palette
BROWS: L’Oréal Brow Stylist (Deep Brunette)
MASCARA: L’Oréal Telescopic (Blackest Black)
EYE LINER: Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof eyeliner (Black)
LIPS: MAC PatentPolish Lip Pencil (My Flip Side)
Thanks for stopping by! 💋💄
Monday, I had to go to Target to pick up a few hair products. I honestly do not like going to Target because to me, they are expensive, but I had to go because I think Target is the only place that I could find that sold these products.
So first, I had to get a spray bottle so that I could make my own leave-in conditioner. Next I got the Curls Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste, Just For Me Leave-In Detangler, and I also picked up the Curls Goddess Curl Gel which came with a mini Curls Blueberry Bliss Leave-In Conditioner.
Today I did wash my hair and used all but the mini leave-in conditioner. I must say that I really love these products, not to mention that they smell heavenly as well. I really enjoyed the Just For Me Detangler because after I wash my hair, it’s usually tangled and it takes me forever to untangle it. After using this, I was able to comb through my hair and it also made my hair really soft.
I used the Curls Goddess Curl Gel all throughout my hair so that my curls could pop. After I did that, I put my hair up in a ponytail so that it could air dry. Lastly, I added the Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste to my edged and the back of my head and tied a scarf around my head so that my edges will be smooth in the morning.
All in all, I would recommend and repurchase these products once I run out. Using these products cut my wash day routine down in half!! I’ truly a fan of Curls and Just For Me!!!
Last month MAC was having their MAC Select anniversary, where if you’re a member, you get a free gift. Last year they gave out an eyeshadow of your choosing and this time they were giving out the Patent Polish Lip Pencil. I was happy to see these as a free gift, because I already have one so I wanted another one.
I decided to purchase the travel sized face wipes since I will be traveling next month. I’ve never used these before so I’m hoping they are good. The Patent Polish Lip Pencil that I chose to get was My Flip Side, it’s a Mid-tone Creamy Brown shade. I also got a sample of their Shade Scents perfume in Velvet Teddy. I can’t say that I like this scent, smells too much like a man to me.
Last week, MAC also came out with a collection with Steve J & Yoni P. I only wanted to purchase one of the eye shadow x2 palette. I got the one in Touch Me Baby. I also purchased this to travel with next month.
This packaging is so pretty to me and the perfect travel sized palette. From left to right: Keep On Twinkling (Limited edition), and Soba (Satin finish). Both of these shadows are really smooth. I figured I’d go with this palette because I just wanted something simple, something I can throw on my crease and lid and be out the door. I really do love MAC shadows. I do want to buy the brush that came with this collection, so I’m hoping that it will go on sale soon.
I honestly cannot wait to use all these items and I also cannot wait to go on vacation next month with my sister!!! Thanks for stopping by.
I feel as though May came and went so fast! Since I wasn’t wearing any makeup this month, my favorites consists of 5 items of skincare and some Netflix shows.
- Formula 10.0.6 Micellar Water. I love this. I use it in the mornings as a part of washing my face.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray w/ Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea. I use this morning and night after toning. I really do love this, it smells really good. I tested out the Rosewater one, but I didn’t like the smell, so I got two of these and it’s going really fast.
- Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask. I got this in the travel set. It’s a really nice mask. I use it twice a week, only in my t-zone. I don’t know if I’m going to repurchase this because I want to try another mask from a different brand.
- Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum. I finally was able to use this up! I love this, but I’m not going to repurchase this because I got this for the hyaluronic acid; it also has some other great ingredients as well. I’m currently obsessed with hyaluronic acid and I want to try the brand The Ordinary. I’ve heard great things about that brand and it’s way cheaper than Caudalie.
- Olay Pro X brush. I usually use this every night with my cleanser. I’ve had it for over two years now, I just replace the brush heads when needed.
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt- This is one of my favorite comedies up here.
- The Keepers- This is a documentary about a Nun being murdered and some people trying to solve the case.
- Death In Paradise- This is a BBC show. I’m really into these types of shows. It’s about a detective solving different cases.
- Bloodline- Well this show finally came to an end after 3 seasons. I really liked this show. It’s about a family going through things when their oldest comes home. A lot of family secrets. But I will say that I did not like the way it ended, but I guess they wanted to leave it up to the viewers on how we thought it all went down.
So that was all my May favorites. Not a lot of things, but I still figured I’d mention them anyway. Thanks for stopping by!!
It’s been over a month since I’ve put on makeup, but I’ve been dying to try the BECCA Sunlit Bronzer in Ipanema Sun. I picked this up a week ago.
Then I decided to step outside. Needless to say, it was very hot!
Here I stepped in the shade. I think this makes me look darker than I am. But I love this bronzer. It applied very easily. It wasn’t chalky at all. But a little does go a long way. And next time that I do wear it, I will not wear blush because it can kind of make me look red which is not what I am going for!
So last week, I woke up and decided that I wanted to go to Ulta. This was a complete spur of the moment. When I got there I went to find the BECCA products because I wanted to see the new Sunlit Bronzers that they put out, I also went to get my free birthday gift! When I got there, I knew exactly which one that I wanted to get. So I got Ipanema Sun (medium auburn brown). I was also able to get the BECCA highlight in Opal as a free deluxe gift with a BECCA purchase.
Ipanema Sun is described as a medium auburn brown that evokes the sun-drench shores of Ipanema and will add a healthy bronze, Golden Goddess glow to the skin. Perfect for medium-dark skin tones.
Both of these products swatched beautifully on my hand, I didn’t even want to touch them. They fill very buttery as well. This being my first ever BECCA purchase I am very happy with it. I do currently own The Estee’ Lauder Bronzed Goddess Powder Bronzer in the shade 04 Deep. I’ve had it for over a year now and still have yet to hit pan, there’s so much product. The Estee’ Lauder bronzer is a little red which I don’t mind, but I wanted something a little more my skin tone, but better. I can’t wait to use this!